Thursday 26 April 2012

Alan Becker




Alan Becker is a young artist, who is most famous for the animated "Animation v.s Animator" series, which he has created using the program Adobe Flash. It’s famous throughout the internet, to the point where other users have ripped his video of the animation and uploaded it under their account just so they can milk views from it, with the videos reaching millions of views on each of the videos on sites like YouTube.
It was seeing this seemingly simply (yet very detailed) stickman animation, when I was younger, that really inspired me to move into animation. After seeing this animation online, I looked into other ones that other people had made, and then began experimenting with making my own.
Since then, I have progressed and improved my skills, moving from stickman animations to more detailed typical 2D animations, but still sticking with Adobe Flash. So in a way, regardless of all the animations and cartoons that I watched as a kid, it was this animation that made me believe I could do something like this, and made me pursue this path.
He is not just an animator though; he is an extremely talented and versatile artist, with a portfolio boasting many different high quality pieces of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment